UFC 229 | Khabib vs. McGregor | Brawl, News, and much more..
UFC 229 on Saturday night in Las Vegas was one of the most anticipated events in company history. Conor McGregor was returning to the cage following nearly a two-year layoff to challenge Khabib Nurmagomedov for the lightweight championship he once held. When all was said and done, McGregor was unsuccessful in that venture, submitting to a choke applied by Nurmagomedov in the fourth round after taking a beating to that point. The action didn’t end there, though, as UFC 229 will, unfortunately, be remembered more for the post-fight happenings as opposed to the title match itself.
View this post on Instagram
Beginning with Nurmagomedov scaling the cage to attack fellow fighter Dillon Danis on the outside, thein mixed marital arts history. Given the gravity of the situation that took place on Saturday night, there are a lot of questions that need answers attached. While it could be quite a while before all of them reach a resolution, here is what we know to this point.
UFC 229 fallout
Complaints filed: If you thought McGregor was completely out of hot water in this incident, that’s not exactly the case. According to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, who spoke to Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) chairman Anthony Marnell on Monday, complaints will be filed against both McGregor and Nurmagomedov after officials were able to review previously unseen footage from the incident. The filings will take place over the course of the next 24 to 28 hours.
Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) October 7, 2018
Suspensions: White promised that if any of the men involved in attacking McGregor were UFC fighters -- or even if they were not -- they would never fight in UFC. He also said he expects the NSAC to hand down serious punishment to Nurmagomedov, likely a lengthy suspension, especially since the Nevada governor had to run out of the arena after being scared for what was transpiring after the fight.
— ESPN (@espn) October 7, 2018